Everyone has a past and maybe it’s not always filled with happy memories, but I believe that we can all learn and grow from our past. We can take our hardships, struggles, and trials and use those things to discover what we’re really made of.
This is exactly what Todd Ault did when he decided that he was never going to be broke. Todd was raised by a single mom who, although she did everything she could for her family, found it difficult to get by. Money was scarce and nothing seemed to come easy.
Seeing and experiencing financial troubles throughout his childhood, Todd made a promise to himself that he would do whatever it took to live a financially free lifestyle. So, he became highly motivated and is now a seasoned business professional, entrepreneur, and the Chief Executive Office and Chairman of Ault & Company, Inc, a private diversified holding company founded by Todd.
Together, we dig into his powerful story and discuss how he trained himself to be in business, and the importance of finding the right partner in life who supports you and doesn’t hold you back from being the ultimate version of yourself.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A look at Todd’s early life and some of the trials he and his family faced growing up
- The power of looking into your past and using times of hardship as fuel for achieving your goals
- How Todd’s promise to himself to never be broke motivated him to succeed
- What Todd learned from the biggest investment mistake of his life
- How to know if you’re a visionary or an implementer (or both)
- Todd shares the importance of finding the right partner
- Why you need to have a clear vision for what you want to do in your life
- What Todd does to rewind, relax, and re-focus
Read the book that Todd suggested in this episode, “The Road Less Traveled,” by M. Scott Peck.
The views and opinions expressed on the “What Are You Made Of?” podcast are solely those of the author and guests, and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity. This is an independent production of Mike “C-Roc” Ciorrocco. The podcast production and the book What Are You Made Of? Are original works of the author. All rights of ownership and reproduction are retained. Copyright 2019.
For more information and to explore other episodes, click here.