Are you letting fear hold you back from success? Fear of haters, fear of making calls, fear of referrals drying up?
I recently appeared on the Next Level Loan Officers Podcast with Sean Zalmanoff where I shared what motivates me and makes me so passionate about getting the What Are You Made Of? Movement out there and rolling like a snowball!
I told Sean that every day, I am looking to keep that promise to my 11-year-old self that I will work to lift other people up. I will not let my dad’s rejection limit me. I use those experiences as a motivator for my life and as a guiding vision for my company.
Once you have that – you can start looking at growing and scaling.
When it comes to the mortgage business, however, I see people limited by their fears. Sean asked me my advice for loan officers starting out and the key issues for me is making yourself a prisoner and relying on just 4 or 5 referral partners. Your sales funnel will be small and it will make every day feel like a 911! They spend their entire day worrying about what those 4 or 5 agents think. You can’t live like that.
You can change that by being proactive and with your success. You can get your referral partnerships numbers up and start getting in 12 loans a month. But, to do that, you need to do three things:
- Don’t let fear of rejection get in the way of making calls to referral partners
- Offer value. It’s much harder to reject
someone when they are offering to help your
- Focus on becoming known and creating a buzz
Don’t let your past define you. Don’t let haters sway you. By being proactive, intentional and facing your fear, you are laying the foundation for your success and longevity in the mortgage business.
Find out about:
- My story and why that motivates me every day to lift others up
- How having a mentor can be a game changer
- Why you need to get known to boost your business
- Why it’s so important to offer people value
- How to increase agent referrals and scale your business
WATCH THIS EPISODE BELOW: